List:       cypherpunks
Subject:    Re: Lowering the Bar for Threats
From:       Eric Cordian <emc () artifact ! psychedelic ! net>
Date:       2004-04-30 8:50:41

An Metet writes:

> Eric Cordian quotes:

> > FBI Shill:  Are we gonna exterminate the rat?

> > Hale:  I'm going to fight within the law and, but, ... if you wish to,
> >        ah, do anything, yourself, you can.

> You're such a liar.  I don't know why I even bother to respond to you.
> You left off the next few lines:

>    "So that makes it clear," Hale added.

>    "Consider it done," Evola said.

>    "Good", Hale replied.

> And now you know... the rest of the story.

So the story is that the FBI Shill solicited murder, and Hale made the
mistake of saying the equivalent of "um hmmm."

I'm so unimpressed.

> I encourage anyone interested in the case to read the details online.
> By most accounts, jurors did a good job of seeing through Hale's
> obfuscations and careful attempts at plausible deniability.

Hale didn't initiate anything.  It seems to me that one shouldn't be able
to get convicted in a free country when someone working for the government
comes to you with plans for a crime, just because you didn't denounce them
loudly enough while being recorded.

To quote a favorite poster of mine in alt.abuse.recovery...

   "``Failure to Condemn'' is an age-old tactic--a dirty trick,
    actually--used to smear somebody by association when you can't
    actually get anything concrete on him. I know this one backwards
    and forwards; it's been used on me dozens of times."

The Sheeple have been well-trained to use the legal process to screw
anyone with racist views.  Juries in such trials have admitted aftwards
that they were proud of imprisoning people because of their racist views,
and awarding their property to do-gooders on flimsy evidence.

> Free speech is one thing.  Soliciting murder is something else.

Yes.  FBI Shills should stop doing that.

> But let's say you're right and the government cracks down on criticism.
> Which is easier, to get government to change, or to ignore the
> restrictions and continue to publish critical essays, protected by
> cryptographic anonymity?

Wars are won by superior weaponry, not by superior essays.  What are you
going to do, throw your pen at them, stamp your feet, and threaten to hold
your breath until you turn blue?

As I've said many times, "What the world needs is a fifty dollar weapon
that sinks aircraft carriers."

AmeriKKKa is founded on the principle that they are most easily governed,
who believe that they govern themselves.

People need to learn that a voting choice between "evil" and "slightly
less evil" does not a democracy make.

I look forward to proclaiming after the upcoming presidential election
that "There are no civilians in AmeriKKKa."

--
Eric Michael Cordian 0+