List:       cygwin-xfree
Subject:    Re: I've lost cut and paste - any ideas why?
From:       Chris Green <chris () areti ! co ! uk>
Date:       2004-12-19 16:09:31

I've changed from using gdm to using a 'compiled at home' copy of wdm
and, after a little configuration, that has resolved the problem. I
now have cut-and-paste working again between Windows and my Linux desktop.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

I quite like the simplicity of wdm anyway, I don't need any of the
extra glitzy add-ons of gdm or kdm, the only reason I moved from xdm
was because the Slackware 10 version woudn't work for me.

--
Chris Green (chris@areti.co.uk)

    "Never ascribe to malice that which can be explained by incompetence."