List:       cygwin-apps
Subject:    [ITA] bash-completion/-devel
From:       Brian Inglis via Cygwin-apps <cygwin-apps () cygwin ! com>
Date:       2024-04-29 21:13:30

I would like to co-maintain or adopt and revive the above package, which was
adopted by Eric but not updated since Yaakov.

Below are links to existing source packages, build repos, scallywag runs, and
updated package info.

I would like to further improve the sdesc and ldesc provided to reflect that
completions are provided for thousands of commands and their options and arguments.

Bash Completions and development

Existing source package:

https://cygwin.com/packages/summary/bash-completion-src.html

Updated cygport:

https://cygwin.com/cgit/cygwin-packages/bash-completion/tree/bash-completion.cygport?h=playground

Scallywag runs:

https://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/jobs.cgi?srcpkg=bash-completion

Bash Completions and development

bash-completion is a collection of shell functions that use the
programmable completion feature of bash.

For more information see the project home page:

	https://github.com/scop/bash-completion

See below for details of changes:

	https://github.com/scop/bash-completion/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md

bash-completion		Bash Completions

Existing package:

https://cygwin.com/packages/summary/bash-completion.html

bash-completion-devel	Bash Completions (development)

Existing package:

https://cygwin.com/packages/summary/bash-completion-devel.html