List:       cygwin-apps
Subject:    Re: python2 removal
From:       Jon Turney via Cygwin-apps <cygwin-apps () cygwin ! com>
Date:       2024-04-11 12:23:03

On 10/04/2024 20:19, Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty via Cygwin-apps wrote:
> On 19/01/2024 18:23, Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty via Cygwin-apps wrote:
>> On 18/01/2024 19:40, Jon Turney wrote:
>>> On 18/01/2024 19:31, Jon Turney via Cygwin-apps wrote:
>>> [...]
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> Cc:ing Hamish as a note that if/when python3-wx is updated, we should
>>> see if it's now possible to rename the source package to python-wx.

[...]
>> Okay, I'd be happy to try renaming the package to python-wx the next
>> time I update python3-wx.

[...]
> I realise I forgot to ask, but how could I go about renaming python3-wx
> to python-wx when I update? I also maintained python-wx, so I shouldn't
> need any extra permissions I don't think.

Uh, yeah, this is made more complex as we had a 'python-wx' source
package (for the python2 bindings, now removed), and a separate
'python3-wx' source package (for python3 bindings).

I guess what wants to happen is:

* (If you care about such things) Merge the python3-wx history into the
python-wx packaging git repo (git merge --allow-unrelated-histories
seems like it might be the right voodoo runes).

* Rename python3-wx.cygport to python-wx.cygport and update version or
bump release.
  * When it comes to uploading the rebuilt packages, there's
unfortunately (currently) a manual step involved (for me to) adjust the
"allegiance" of the 'python3n-wx' install packages from the 'python3-wx'
source package to 'python-wx', but I'll do that when needed (or maybe
even get around to automating it this time...)