List:       cygwin-apps
Subject:    RE: Seagate GoFlex Home server causes setup.exe build to fail, "cannot run /bin/sh cfgaux/config.sub
From:       Matt Seitz <mseitz () mhseitz ! onmicrosoft ! com>
Date:       2012-07-04 9:10:22

Officially, I don't think there's a way to modify the file system.  It's de=
signed to be an appliance.  I've contacted Seagate support to see what they=
 say.

That said, I've just found out how to get SSH access into the server and am=
 poking around now.  I downloaded their GPL source earlier and found Samba =
3.0.28 included.  Running "ps" on the box shows it is running smbd.  I'm ho=
ping there might be some way to modify their smb.conf to turn on FAT file a=
ttributes.