List:       cygwin
Subject:    makeinfo barfs at relative path includes and \r line terminators
From:       N8TM () aol ! com
Date:       1999-12-30 20:05:23

I'm sure this has been covered earlier, but now that we have been handed
working copies of info.exe  (thanks to Chuck Wilson and others), I've found
out the work-arounds to get makeinfo to run on the gcc-2.96 source
distribution:

As I recommended previously, 'gzip -r texinfo' so that you do not attempt to
replace the makeinfo which comes with cygwin.

Remove all \r line terminators from the .texi files in gcc and gcc/f.  The
distribution has a number of these, but many of the files have none.  I
suppose this could be reported to gcc-bugs, but maybe it's a bug in cygwin
makeinfo as well, that it cannot accept \r where the usual gnu makeinfo does.

Find all the @include's in these files and replace them with absolute paths.
Is this a Windows version-dependent problem?  I'm running Windows 2000 RC2,
because it is able to complete the testsuite, which neither W95C nor NT4 SP3
or SP5 could do.

Tim
tprince@computer.org