List:       cygwin
Subject:    questions, questions, questions
From:       "Marty Leisner" <leisner () sdsp ! mc ! xerox ! com>
Date:       1995-09-17 19:39:30

I finally got Release 5 running (cross compiling linux to win32)

I have a window95 system running networked to my linux box and
am pretty impressed it doesn't crash if I sneeze!

We're missing sys/utime.h (I stole it from linux, I needed it for
RCS).

What packages have people compiled?
Anyone got bash going (I need a shell badly!!)
I'm using the NT bash, but I'm seeing some "problems"....

Do we want to eventually have libc to be a dll? (I assume a dll is
the same type of thing as a shared library...)

Also, the trick that HJ Lu is doing with binutils to make bfd a shared
library is very useful...I recompiled the binutils with  \
--enable-targets=i386-aout,i386-coff,i386-elf,i386-pe and appear to have some \
success...

marty		leisner@sdsp.mc.xerox.com
Member of the League for Programming Freedom (http://www.lpf.org)
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic
        Arthur C. Clarke, The Lost Worlds of 2001