List:       cygwin
Subject:    Re: Fun with cp -R error when both foo and foo.exe exist
From:       Dan Kegel <dank () kegel ! com>
Date:       2018-10-09 17:19:13

Right.  My thinking was that the auto-suffix probing makes
sense when running or checking for a program, but
not when creating a program.  (I could be wrong, and I imagine
if I actually compiled and tested the hack I'd find out pretty quickly
if it was at least obviously wrong.)

O_BINARY doesn't need to be there, but I included it as
an additional filter because cp uses it.  Can leave it out.

I misremembered suffices as a britishism, sorry.
- Dan