List:       cygwin
Subject:    Re: Issue running PowerShell code on Windows Machine from Linux machine using Cygwin
From:       Thomas Wolff <towo () towo ! net>
Date:       2018-07-31 11:34:51

Am 30.07.2018 um 21:05 schrieb Achim Gratz:
> Shekhar Shukla writes:
>> I am having issue while establishing a ssh connection from Linux to Windows
>> machine using Cygwin. My powershell script works when I run it from Linux
>> using ssh connection(Cygwin) to Windows  and manually enter my passowrd.
>> But whn I use public key to authenticate my user(making a password less
>> connection), it fails. Is it a bug with CYgwin?
> No, Windows simply does not give you full access to your normal
> privileges when you log in remotely without a password.  Specifically,
> you won't be able to access anything that is considered non-local, like
> external fileshares.
If I setup password-less login to the cygwin ssh server, using
authorized-keys, I can access all remote shares from cygwin,
and also from cmd, started from cygwin with `winpty cmd`, for that matter.
Possibly, if the remote login is the first login of the user, the mounts
will just have to be established? (Using `net use`)