List:       cygwin
Subject:    Perl problem
From:       Andrew DeFaria <Andrew () DeFaria ! com>
Date:       2004-03-31 0:07:33

Yeah I know, not strictly a Cygwin problem, but perhaps it's related...

When I'm debugging in Perl sometime I wish to restart the process with
the "R" command. When I do so I get:

Daughter DB session started...
######### Forked, but do not know how to create a new TTY. #########
  Since two debuggers fight for the same TTY, input is severely entangled.

  I know how to switch the output to a different window in xterms
  and OS/2 consoles only.  For a manual switch, put the name of the
created TTY
  in $DB::fork_TTY, or define a function DB::get_fork_TTY() returning this.

  On UNIX-like systems one can get the name of a TTY for the given window
  by typing tty, and disconnect the shell from TTY by sleep 1000000.

Now this is only on certain versions of Cygwin (or perhaps certain
versions of Perl - or maybe it's related to something deeper). Right now
it's happening on Cygwin 1.5.7 and Perl revision 5.0 version 8
subversion 2. Any ideas?