List:       cygwin
Subject:    Re: Cross Compiler and __RUNTIME_PSEUDO_RELOC_LIST__
From:       "Tim Renner" <l0ci () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2003-03-31 20:21:44

>Tim Renner wrote:
>>$ for f in `find . -name '*.a'`;do nm $f 2>/dev/null |grep
>>PSEUDO_RELOC_LIST && echo $f;
>>done
>>         U ___RUNTIME_PSEUDO_RELOC_LIST_END__
>>         U ___RUNTIME_PSEUDO_RELOC_LIST__
>>./libcygwin.a
>>         U ___RUNTIME_PSEUDO_RELOC_LIST_END__
>>         U ___RUNTIME_PSEUDO_RELOC_LIST__
>>./libg.a
>>

>>Can anyone tell me what eventually resolves those symbols in a normal
>>cygwin(not cross) compile?  Or better, if you know how I can fix this in
>>my cross compiler ;)
>
>Use last version of binutils. Current ld emits both this symbols while
>linking executable.
>
>egor.

Do you mean use the last version (2.12?) of binutils when I build them for
my cross compiler and the compiler itself, or actually rebuild the cygwin
libraries using an older ld, meaning I can't use the precompiled binaries,
but have to custom make my own?  Using the existing ones is very
preferable... If I can get away with that, all the better...

-Tim