List:       curl-users
Subject:    RE: latest windows binaries for curl
From:       "Roth, Kevin P." <KPRoth () MarathonOil ! com>
Date:       2002-04-19 15:28:34

Thanks for writing. Here's what you need to know:

To download the source the easiest way possible, use Cygwin's setup.exe =
program. Expand the tree labeled "Web" (at the bottom) and put a =
checkmark in the box next to "Curl" in the column labeled "Src?". Then =
click Next to perform the download. This will download the source code, =
and expand it inside the folder "/usr/src/curl-7.9.6-1".

If you need to expand it yourself, make sure you've downloaded the bzip2 =
program (it's under the Utils tree). Then, use the command `bunzip2 =
curl-7.9.6-1-src-cygwin.tar.bz2` to un-bzip it, followed by your normal =
tar command `tar xf curl-7.9.6-1-src-cygwin.tar`.

For compilation notes, see the file /usr/doc/Cygwin/curl-7.9.6-1.README =
for my notes on how to compile it (very straightforward).

Thanks,
--Kevin