List:       curl-users
Subject:    Re: java applets
From:       "Daniel Stenberg" <Daniel.Stenberg () haxx ! se>
Date:       1999-11-23 8:10:50

On Mon, 22 Nov 1999, alain samoun wrote:

> Probably out of topic, but I was wondering if there is a way to know what
> an applet sends to a server and maybe mascarad it with cURL.

Java applets are programs that are running in the browser's virtual machine.
They're capable of doing a whole lot of weird tricks and they can connect to
the server in a multitude of ways and may do almost whatever it pleases to
that host.

You would need to spy on the network traffic to see what kind of connection
and data that is exchanged between the applet and the server, and it is very
unlikely that curl will be able to reproduce it.

If the applet is connecting to the host using one of curl's supported
protocols, then you can of course use curl to do that very same connection.

--
            Daniel Stenberg -- http://www.haxx.se