List:       curl-users
Subject:    Re: Headers?
From:       "Daniel Stenberg" <Daniel.Stenberg () haxx ! se>
Date:       1999-11-18 10:13:33

On Wed, 17 Nov 1999, Aaron Bush wrote:

> > > POST /cgi-bin/loadpl HTTP/1.0
> > > Host: www.somehost.com
> > > --BOUNDRY

> Now, is there any way to get curl to honor my own boundry string of
> BOUNDRY?

No, no command line options for that exist. It doesn't make any sense to
specify that boundary to a set string like that. Does the server really
require you to use that exact boundary string? Isn't that string just an
example showing how it works? The boundary string curl uses is randomly
picked with lots of letters to make it *very* unlikely that the actual
contents of the post contains the boundary string.

> I have found the netcat tool and it is working great to gather the
> output of the curl post.

Good. When playing around with stuff like this, such tools help a lot.

> when i post using the -F method curl uses its own boundry string.  Any
> ideas here?

At line 344 in formdata.c starts the function that generates a random
boundary string. Rewrite it to generate a static string of your choice if
thart is what you really need.

--
          Daniel Stenberg   http://www.fts.frontec.se/~dast/