List:       curl-users
Subject:    Re: AW: Need to get server headers and content into a buffer
From:       "Daniel Stenberg" <Daniel.Stenberg () haxx ! se>
Date:       1999-11-02 8:54:58

On Tue, 2 Nov 1999, "Hartroth, Jörn" wrote:

> Should we hold our breaths for the release of a redesigned libcurl or do
> you think it'll still be a while until it appears?

It depends on how you define "a while"! ;-)

Seriously, the development of the new interface is kind of slow. It is
mostly because I don't want to force only my own view and opinions into the
design and there aren't that many active people around that participate.

I would hate to make a new design that after a while turns out to be almost
as bad as the current and then have to rewrite it again. I need reviewers
and people's opinions before I can go ahead and set the new interface.

I can only encourage all of you who are interested in the future of libcurl
and how the new interface is gonna look like to join the libcurl mailing
list, browse the mailing list archive and share your visions!

> Obviously, with its present maturity and feature-richness, libcurl could
> well be the platform of choice for some neat little tools like httpgrep,
> httpdiff, etc. (and of course recursive retrieval). However, I would
> personally prefer developing this for the new libcurl.

Yes. The forthcoming interface will offer a lot of flexibility that the
current design doesn't and will make a much better platform to base
applications on.

--
          Daniel Stenberg   http://www.fts.frontec.se/~dast/