List:       cups
Subject:    Re: [cups.general] "Find New Printers" isn't working.
From:       Alan Mackenzie <acm () muc ! de>
Date:       2012-07-28 9:55:00

BTW, I'm on CUPS 1.5.2.

> Do you already have a print queue setup for this printer?

There is a print queue set up for "this printer", where "this printer" is the same \
physical printer at "Connection:	parallel:/dev/lp0".

/dev/lp0 does not exist at all in my current system.  /dev/lp0 and its queue are \
hangovers from a previous system.  Currently, the printer is on /dev/usb/lp0, which \
has a symlink /dev/usblp0.  CUPS is not finding the printer here.