List:       cups
Subject:    Re: [cups.general] compression=gzip and RAW Print Queues (ipp)
From:       Andrew Powell <andy () advancethermal ! com>
Date:       2011-09-30 18:42:12

Even better!

For Ubuntu Server 11.04 (using standard repository packages), I had to
do the following to get this to work:

mkdir /etc/cups/interfaces
chmod 755 /etc/cups/interfaces
chown root:root /etc/cups/interfaces

Place the printer.sh file in /etc/cups/interfaces (contents as what
Michael wrote).  Not sure if it was necessary, but I made it executable:

chmod 755 /etc/cups/interfaces/printer.sh

Needed to add an exception for AppArmor by adding the following line to
/etc/apparmor.d/usr.sbin.cupsd (I placed it below the /etc/cups/** rw, line)

   /etc/cups/interfaces/* ixr,

Restarted AppArmor:

service apparmor restart

Added the interface script to the printer:

lpadmin -p jaxshop -i printer.sh

Viola!!

Thanks for everyone's help.