List:       cups
Subject:    Re: [cups.general] Killing stuck filters
From:       Michael Sweet <msweet () apple ! com>
Date:       2011-01-25 21:08:53

On Jan 25, 2011, at 12:07 PM, Matt L wrote:
> Is there an internal mechanism to kill hung filters?  pdftops in particular seems \
> to have the nasty habit of getting wedged.

I am not aware of any issues in pdftops that would cause it to hang...

> I saw the JobKillDelay option, and it seems great, however the documentation leads \
> me to believe that the job would have to be manually cancelled before it gets \
> triggered.  Is this the correct interpretation?

Yes.

> Is there any mechanism to kill filter jobs which don't complete within a given \
> time?

Not at this time, and we would need to be very conservative since there are many \
cases where a filter might be delayed due to printer errors (paper jam, etc.) or just \
for a long job.

Feel free to file a feature request:

    http://www.cups.org/str.php