List:       cups
Subject:    [cups.general] HP officejet 5600 series - not printing
From:       Salam <salamlinux () free ! fr>
Date:       2010-08-29 11:36:02

i have a shared printer (HP officejet 5600 series) with LPD/LPR enabled on a windows \
7 machine on my linux machine, added the printer with location as \
"LPD://mywindows7/Officejet5600" with Make and Model = "HP Officejet 5600 Series, \
hpcups 3.10.5", I sent a test page and printed a page from a gedit doc, it seems that \
CUPS send the data as I have the following message "Idle - "Data file sent \
successfully"" my printer makes some noise as if it is going to print, I see \
"Printing......" on its screen but nothing comes out or get printed. When I see the \
jobs in the printer, I can see 2 jobs in the queue, after 2 to 5 minutes, I see \
"Error-Printing" in the queue of the printer Thanks in advance