List:       cryptography-randombit
Subject:    Re: [cryptography] IIRC, there was discussion on this list a while back about D-Wave...
From:       Aaron Toponce <aaron.toponce () gmail ! com>
Date:       2015-12-09 18:12:34

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tue, Dec 08, 2015 at 05:10:35PM -0500, shawn wilson wrote:
> http://www.technologyreview.com/news/544276/google-says-it-has-proved-its-controversial-quantum-computer-really-works/
>
> Just curious what y'all think about NASA's research and Google's paper
> (linked to in the article - I read the abstract, but not much else
> yet) ?

I'll raise an eyebrow when a practical, real-world hardware, QC can run Shor's
or Grover's algorithm. In the meantime, I would recommend reading Scott
Aaronson's blog [1]. In fact, he already addressed this specific computer [2].

    1. http://www.scottaaronson.com/blog/
    2. http://www.scottaaronson.com/blog/?p=2448

--
. o .   o . o   . . o   o . .   . o .