List:       cryptography-randombit
Subject:    Re: [cryptography] Supersingular Isogeny DH
From:       coderman <coderman () gmail ! com>
Date:       2015-07-09 23:55:26

On 7/9/15, Marcel <tiepelt@dev-nu11.de> wrote:
> well thanks for reply :)

stumble toward the light, we can...

> The key exchange does not rely on using two different points.

Poorly worded; and a path needed two points not clear enough.

> I will try to explain i little more general:
> I generate my l-torsion subgroup by two points:
> <P, Q> = E[l]
>... define kernel = [m] * P + [n] * Q

ok.

> So i wondered why i need two points. [instead of]
> <P> = E[l] or even,
> kernel = [m] * P

i am looking for a visual representation of this key agreement
sequence; it's a weird beast like constructed modes of operation.

there are good elliptic curve demonstrations, but none covering
supersinguler EC DH

thanks for patience, may others be more helpful!

best regards,