List:       cryptography
Subject:    Re: Is there an anonymous contribution protocol?
From:       t byfield <tbyfield () panix ! com>
Date:       1999-10-20 21:06:05

> Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 15:48:28 -0400
> From: Reusch <reusch@home.com>
> Subject: Is there an anonymous contribution protocol?
>
> A couple of months ago, someone (unfortunately, I don’t
> recall the name or date)  wrote to the New York Times,
> suggesting that all political contributions be made
> anonymously.

<http://www.counterpane.com/street_performer.html>

     Using this protocol, people would place donations in escrow,
     to be released to an author in the event that the promised
     work is put in the public domain. This protocol has the
     potential to fund alternative or "marginal" works.

the analogy seems clear.

cheers,