List:       cryptography
Subject:    another small comment on: Five years, and still no useful
From:       amir.herzberg () il ! ibm ! com
Date:       1999-05-30 11:50:56

I just looked a bit to see other schemes in Jim's page and was surprised to
find:

>     Internet Keyed Payment Protocols (iKP):  Open definition, but no open
 source. Largely a public statement of what is in the wholly
>    proprietary code (IBM Micro Payments) rather than a genuinely non
proprietary protocol.

Just to clarify: of course I was of the (key?) designers of iKP... and of
course in IBM Micro Payments I used many things I learned from the work on
iKP
- and on SET, the credit card standard, which is really an enchanced (too
much?) version of iKP. But there are many differences between the two as
iKP was
really just a credit card protocol. In our site you can find papers and
presentations with much more details on IBM Micro payments...

Best Regards,
Amir Herzberg
Manager, E-Business and Security Technologies
IBM Research - Haifa Lab (Tel Aviv Office)
http://www.hrl.il.ibm.com
New e-mail: amir@il.ibm.com
New Lotus notes mail: amir herzberg/haifa/ibm@IBMIL