List:       cryptography
Subject:    Re: [Cryptography] [cryptography] Matt Blaze Testimony on Encrytion
From:       Patrick Mylund Nielsen <cryptography () patrickmylund ! com>
Date:       2015-04-30 19:23:27

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 3:14 PM, John Young <jya@pipeline.com> wrote:

> Matt Blaze testified yesterday at the House hearing on encryption
>

> http://oversight.house.gov/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/4-29-2015-IT-Subcommittee-Hearing-on-Encryption-Blaze.pdf
>
> Others too:
>

> http://oversight.house.gov/hearing/encryption-technology-potential-u-s-policy-responses/

Highly recommend watching the video (it gets good at around 28 minutes in,
and don't worry about the length--a big chunk of the video is just a "We'll
be back momentarily" banner.)

Very sobering to see sanity almost across the board, and I at least was
surprised that there are people with computer science degrees in Congress!