List:       crux
Subject:    Re: prt-get does not always install the compiled package?
From:       Daryl F <wyatt () prairieturtle ! ca>
Date:       2017-10-26 15:29:29

On Thu, 26 Oct 2017, M.W. van der Grient wrote:

> we have the same configuration in that section of prt-get.conf.
>
> I only have this section modified:
> runscripts yes
>
> Standard it is configured as "no".
>
> After a failure, I use pkgadd to install the particulair port. This works
> fine.

>> On Thu, 26 Oct 2017, M.W. van der Grient wrote:
>>
>> Hello CRUX users,
>>> If I install a port with prt-get update, install or depinst, the created
>>> package is not always installed automatically. Is this exspected behavior?
>>>
>>> Or do I miss something in the config files?
>>>

>> For me prt-get update, install, or depinst always install something unless
>> there is an error during the build.
>>
>> The only way I know that can change is if the commented items in the
>> expert section of /etc/prt-get.conf have been changed. Mine are:
>>
>> ### alternative commands
>> # makecommand      pkgmk
>> # addcommand       pkgadd
>> # removecommand    pkgrm
>> # runscriptcommand sh
>>
>> You could try pkgmk then pkgadd instead of prt-get and see if that works.
>> prt-get uses them to build and install the port.

I use runscript yes also but it doesn't run the script until after the
package add. You could try changing the writelog option and go over the
log carefully to see it there is an error.

If there is a package built that you can install with pkgadd but prt-get
is not installing it that is usually caused by file collisions from the
new package with files that are already installed by some other means.

When you do the pkgadd to you have to use the -f (force) option to get
them installed.

-Daryl