List:       crux
Subject:    Re: Md5sum mis-match on hplip-3.11.5
From:       Juergen Daubert <jue () jue ! li>
Date:       2011-06-03 10:08:05

On Wed, Jun 01, 2011 at 05:56:29PM +0100, Hazel Russman wrote:
> This is the source file for the hpijs Hewlett-Packard printer driver.
> There was a Md5sum mis-match last week when this new version appeared,
> so I decided to delete the downloaded tarball and wait for a week to
> see if the problem cleared up.
>
> This week it is still mismatched. Is it safe for me to build the package
> with the -um option set? I don't wish to do this without asking first
> because I know that Md5sums are there for everyone's protection and that
> a mis-match may indicate corruption in the file.

Thanks for the report, I've fixed the hpijs-port today.

A md5sum miss-match should never happen, but in most cases it's because
upstream decided to change the tarball without raising the version number,
which is a bad strategy IMO. At sourceforge you can always see the md5sum
of the tarballs by clicking on the 'i' or 'info' rightmost besides the
filename.

regards
Juergen

--