List:       crux
Subject:    Re: Crus 2.6->2.7 update breaks gegl, pypanel
From:       Victor Martinez <pitillo () ono ! com>
Date:       2010-10-29 21:36:43

On 10/29/10 21:16, Hazel Russman wrote:

> I have had problems rebuilding both these packages. In the case of gegl, I get the \
> following errors:
> CC     svg_load_la-svg-load.lo
> CCLD   svg-load.la
> /bin/sed: can't read /usr/lib/libpng12.la: No such file or directory
> libtool: link: `/usr/lib/libpng12.la' is not a valid libtool archive
> make[3]: *** [svg-load.la] Error 1
> make[3]: Leaving directory \
> `/usr/ports/opt/gegl/work/src/gegl-0.1.2/operations/external'
> The problem is that svg-load.la refers to both libpng12 (no longer present) and the \
> current libpng14. I don't know why, as there is no reference to libpng12 in any of \
> the makefiles or in config.
> I was able to work around this by creating temporary links (libpng12.la and \
> libpng12.so) to libpng14.la and libpng14.so. Gegl could then be built and the gimp \
> seems to work with this gegl.
Hello Hazel,
which svg port are you using? Here gegl builds fine without svg loader.
I got this footprint mistmatch:
MISSING   -rwxr-xr-x      root/root       usr/lib/gegl-0.1/svg-load.la
MISSING   -rwxr-xr-x      root/root       usr/lib/gegl-0.1/svg-load.so
The port seems to be built in a system with svg installed.

> In the case of pypanel, the problem is with the built-in setup.py script, which \
> fails to find python-xlib (it's actually in /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/). I \
> can't fix this as I know absolutely nothing about python. Any help would be \
> appreciated.
Are you on CRUX 2.7 really? It has python 2.7 and here python-xlib and
pypanel builds well too, there are only a footprint mistmatch, because
.footprints have references to python 2.6.

Regards, Victor.

--
Learning bit by bit.
Victor Martinez | http://lokalix.dyndns.org