List:       crux
Subject:    Re: Netgear FA-311
From:       Joe Gilmour <jgilmour () bigpond ! net ! au>
Date:       2006-12-31 0:22:51

Helge Fredriksen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've just installed Crux 2.2 on a PC with a brand new Netgear FA-311
> network card. I'm trying to launch the driver adding the statement
>
> /sbin/modprobe natsemi
>
> to the /etc/rc.d/net script. However, I found that this module
> probably isn't installed. How do I proceed to upgrade my system?
>
> Best regards,
> Helge Fredriksen
Welcome to CRUX.

You need to either compile a new kernel with the natsemi code built in
(then you wont need to modprobe it) or build the module in whiuch case
you can just build and install the modules.

Normally a system will automatically load the modules so you shouldn't
need to modprobe at all.

HTH,

Joe