List:       crux
Subject:    Re: udev 096 problem
From:       kodiak <kodiak () freemail ! hu>
Date:       2006-08-06 22:31:41

Mark Rosenstand wrote:

> What kernel version are you running? It works fine for me with drm and
> radeon built as modules (and automatically loaded) with Linus' git tree,
> but other recent kernels (>=2.6.16 IIRC) should do the trick too.

I'm using a 2.6.17.7 kernel from kernel.org, radeon and drm are built as
modules, radeon is loaded from rc.modules.
As I think, The Xwindow dri driver tried to use the drm kernel module
but there was no /dev/dri/card0 device.

The whole thing (dri, drm, radeon etc.) is a bit unnecessary
because my card (Radeon 9800 Pro) is not supported by the radeon XWindow
driver. :-)
I've left the "dri" line in the xorg.conf inadvertently.
I've tried to make it work long time ago, but I didn't really need it.