List:       crux
Subject:    Re: Non-free software
From:       "Oleksiy V. Khilkevich" <grim () asu ! ntu-kpi ! kiev ! ua>
Date:       2005-12-20 15:19:04

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 17:07:49 +0200, Johannes Winkelmann <jw@tks6.net>
wrote:

> Hi Oleksiy,
Hello, Johannes

> There are no plans to make a stronger distinction between free as in
> free beer and free as in free speech, however we might add a "license"
> field once we restructure the Pkgfile format (which is planned but far
> away).

Well, the nearly useless ports which don't allow to download what someone
need is not a solution...

Maybe some sort of WARNING in README... or pre-caution during the build or
something more convenient if available.
The only thing I may to say that if a port is in opt collection - then
there shouldn't be such thing like - download there , place here blah,
blah, blah... - it simply must work.

--
Regards,                             [GRIM-UANIC]  [GRIM-RIPE]
Oleksiy V. Khilkevich

--
Please avoid sending me Word, Excel or PowerPoint attachments.
Use plain text, HTML or PDF instead.