List:       crux
Subject:    Crux Handbook (Re: menuconfig...)
From:       Adam <cruxmonkey () monkeyserver ! com>
Date:       2004-01-30 20:40:42

After 5 or so crux installs and countless kernel builds I have two small
suggestions for the handbook and install....

First, can we add a mention that you need to enable ReiserFs in the kernel? I
wouldn't say this except that the install docs says to use Reiser, but then
don't tell you to enable this fs in the kernel. I can only imagine this is the
cause of countless kernel panics for kernel building newbies (I've forgotten
twice, and I've built my share of kernels).

Second, and this one might rub a few of you the wrong way, could we throw a
default .config into the source distro that enables these options by default. I
think mentioning that the "prompt for dev drivers", devfs, and the
aforementioned Reiserfs options in the handbook, while also default enabling
them (with an indication as such in the handbook) would be a great help.

...just my suggestions, thanks for entertaining them.

adam

crux 1.2 w/ 2.6.1 Kernel
Problem of the week: No libasound found on my system, uh oh alsa....