List:       crux
Subject:    Re: Condition Of Packages
From:       Johannes Winkelmann <jw () tks6 ! net>
Date:       2004-01-16 8:38:39

Hi Joohn

On Thu, Jan 15, 2004 at 18:34:10 -0800, John Lowell wrote:
> Being new to Crux and having limited experience with the condition of
> the package repositorories, I thought I write to inquire how well say,
> base, is being maintained. I've attempted upgrades on a few packages
> and things have gone smoothly but run into problems with others
> getting source code downloaded in some cases, wrong urls or some such,
> shadow is one instance. Now I don't mean to ask this question with a
> critical spirit, just interested in the fair appraisals of experienced
> users.
Regarding the ports from CLC, we try our best to keep them up to date
and working, but obviously everyone does this as a hobby. If a port
fails to build because of a download problem, please to submit a bug
report via our bug tracking system:
  http://crux.fh-regensburg.de/cgi-bin/cvstrac/index

Please make sure it's not a problem of the remote server (e.g.
sourceforge server downtime etc.).

Best regards,
Johannes
--