List:       crux
Subject:    libfontconfig issue when upgrading to Crux 1.3
From:       "Jim Mack" <jim.mack () cox ! net>
Date:       2003-12-31 22:04:40

I am have an issue after I upgraded from Crux 1.2 to 1.3. I now get "error
while loading shared libraries: libfontconfig.so.1: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory." when trying to start X. It was
working before the upgrade. Also, fc-cache and others are gone.

Also, I have tried to build fontconfig, several times. With "pkgmk -d -u" it
tells me it has never been installed, but with "pkgmk -d -i" it tells me the
files already exist and I need to force it. After I force it, it still does
not seem to have installed correctly and I get the same messages with -i
and -u.

I have been running 2.6.0 since test7 with Crux1.2. I recompiled to the
2.6.0 release after upgrading, but I don't think that is the issue as
running older kernels have the same result.

Any thoughts on what is going on?

Thanks,
Jim