List:       crux
Subject:    Re: Bug in pkgmk?
From:       Per Liden <per () fukt ! bth ! se>
Date:       2003-12-16 17:49:56

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003, Martin Opel wrote:

> On Sat, 13 Dec 2003, Per Liden wrote:
>
> > I plan to go with this approach, my reasoning:
> > - You can still see the "link to ..." messages in the "Build result:"
> >   output from pkgmk, so if you want to know if there's any hardlinks you
> >   can still see that.
> > - Only ports with hardlinks will need to be updated. A quick grep tells me
> >   it's only about 10 ports at the moment.
> > - No patching of third party programs is needed.
>
> That's the simplest and most effective solution IMO. Reall CRUX-like...
>
> I'm waiting for the new pkg-utils port.

pkgutils 5.13 is now available.

ChangeLog:
5.13            - Released 2003-12-16
                - Removed "link to ..." from .footprint.
                - pkgmk now allows the source=() array to be empty. This
                  is useful for packages that only want create directory
                  structures and/or symlinks.

The .footprint in base/glibc and base/ncurses have been updated for use
with 5.13.

/Per