List:       crux
Subject:    Re: OT: Link target question
From:       Pär_Degerman <par () degerman ! org>
Date:       2003-10-31 11:23:14

> So you can use the entries in /proc/ide/ directly for whatever you need
> them (as I'm not too sure what you're trying to accomplish here).

I am creating a script which sort of automates the CRUX install for my site.
It has rules for how to setup the harddiscs and what I am trying to
accomplish is a menu that presents information like this:

 ----------| Please select target harddisc |----------
|      (0) FUJITSU MPD3064AT, IDE, 1.2 GByte        |
|      (1) Quantum XP34550W, SCSI, 3.6 GByte        |

 The number (0 or 1 above) shuld then be used when partitioning the discs
but
also in files like /etc/fstab, /etc/lilo.conf, et al.

I enumerate the discs by going through the entries under /dev/discs. But the
problem I have is to build the description string from the discnumber (note
that the string used above is only an example, the only requirement is that
it should be easy to figure out which drive is which).

 ________
-> degen