List:       crux
Subject:    Re: default window manager
From:       Markus Ackermann <maol () symlink ! ch>
Date:       2003-10-15 22:18:49

>Maybe we ought to have an online poll on the website with a list of wm's
>suited to CRUX, and let it stay there until its time for 1.3 and see
>which one or which ones are most sought after.

It's not really about what we want (everybody is free to use his WM from
/usr/ports/wherever, create his own package, or even install from
source) but about what Per decides to put on the ISO.

As long as everything most people need to get a basic CRUX system
running (i.e. disk and network stuff) is on the CDROM I don't care about
which of the 1001 alternatives of each user-space programs he chooses.
I can always install my very own favorite.

>We could go on with "this is better than that" forever w/o reaching
>anywhere and online polls are always fun :-)

Some people like to waste their time.

Markus.