List:       crux
Subject:    Re: Crux without devfs
From:       nathan ladd <nathanladd () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2003-10-13 15:29:11

--- "Daniel K. Gebhart" <dkg@con-fuse.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 12, 2003 at 06:47:57PM -0700, nathan
> ladd <nathanladd@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Hej nathan,
>
> > I'm going to try to build my own ISO and throw it
> > in
> > there (along with Grub).  I tried using the cvsweb
> > interface to locate the build scripts, but
> couldn't
> > find them.  Also, where is the Setup program at?
> > Since I'm going to try to replace lilo with grub,
> I'd
> > like to be able to change Setup accordingly.
>
>   Why don't you download and mount the iso image? I
> know, this is not a
> proper way, but this is like I've done it. I also
> wanted to use the CVS,
> but there seems to be some problems with it..

The CD image doesn't include the scripts used to build
crux, so while I'd be able to throw in updated
packages, I'd have to manually build them all.  I'd
like to be able to tweak things, too.  I actually
found what I needed in an earlier post,
https://mail.fukt.bth.se/pipermail/crux/2003-October/001096.html

Also, I haven't yet setup sendmail on my computer, and
am using yahoo, so I apologize in advance for any
formatting issues.

> Cheers,
>  Daniel
> --
> Daniel K. Gebhart
> http://informatik.uibk.ac.at/users/c703263/
> Institute for Computer Science
> University of Innsbruck
> Fon: (office): +43 512 507 6490     Mail:
<daniel.gebhart(at)uibk.ac.at>