List:       crux
Subject:    Re: CRUX 1.1 and Cisco 350 Mini-PCI
From:       Victor <victord () paid ! com>
Date:       2003-05-30 7:42:13

Mike Bragg wrote:

> Hello,
>
> 	Has anyone gotten the Cisco 350 Mini-PCI card to work with CRUX 1.1?  I'm
> able to compile the loadable module, but when I 'insmod mpi350' it causes my
> laptop to reboot.  Before I started using CRUX,  I compiled the module for
> the mpi350 and it worked under Red Hat 9.0.

Which kernel did RH9.0 use? Perhaps try the same kernel. CRUX comes with
a STOCK Linus kernel tree. Try RH's kernel (they have lots of fixes and
custom patches). Or try Alan Cox's tree. See if that gives you a better
support for that custom hardware. I don't see anything here that could
be CRUX related (except for maybe compiler version). Barring compiler
issues, this is not a CRUX related issue.

HTH
Victor