List:       crux
Subject:    CRUX and nvidia nForce Problem
From:       Niels Hansen <Niels.Hansen () hensel-elektronik ! de>
Date:       2003-02-18 7:39:52

Hello everyone,

I got a MSI mainboard with a nForce 420D chipset and want to use the
drivers provided by nvidia (1.0-4191). I did compile and install the
driver and glx libs and added the entrys in /etc/modules.conf
     alias /dev/nvidia*   nvidia
and in /etc/devfsd.conf
     LOOKUP nvidia0   MODLOAD
     LOOKUP nvidia1   MODLOAD
     LOOKUP nvidiactl MODLOAD

Also i edited the /etc/X11/XF86config
     # Load dri
     # Load GLcore
     Load glx
and
     Driver "nvidia"

If i do a "startx" then X starts, i can see the nvidia logo for just one
second and then i'm back on the console.
There is no error in /var/log/XF86.0.log.

Can anybody help me with that problem?

regards
Niels