List:       crux
Subject:    Re: external firewire drive
From:       "Steven Faulconer" <sfaulconer () cfl ! rr ! com>
Date:       2002-11-15 1:01:18

Well, I can't comment on firewire drives, but I have a Storix 30GB USB hard
drive that I'm more than happy with. It works well under Windows, Linux and
MacOS X. It isn't blazing fast (it is USB 2.0 compliant, but all of my
systems are USB1.1) but it does work very well, and is very small (about the
size of a PDA). It is also pretty shock resistant. I've unfortunately
dropped it a a few (too many) times and it has yet to break.

Steven