List:       crux
Subject:    Re: wishlist
From:       Erlend Bergsås Mikkelsen <howl () online ! no>
Date:       2002-07-11 13:07:52

On Wed, 10 Jul 2002 17:37:14 -0700 (PDT)
Frank Hale <frankhale@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > > Why can't you add this yourself and roll out a new
> > CD
> > > containing your /etc/rc.boot for installation on
> > your
> > > other computers.
> > >
> > > Seems simple enough don't you think?
> > >

> This way he could add all his changes in one place and
> have it ready for installation on all the computers he
> needed. This would be a great time to add all the Crux
> updates since 0.9.3 and any other custom stuff he
> needed.
>
> Anyway thats what I'm going to do anyway. And mucking
> round with the installer and packages is a hell of
> alot of fun.

I've been thinking of another way, simply by adding an array to
rc.conf, for instance PDAEMONS or something, which is ran before
ifconfig is ran (so one have the chance to run dhcpcd, pcmcia and
stuff like that), and that is stopped after the net is stopped,

There is no need for rc.boot if one simply run some apps before any
of the other daemons, this would only be for init 2, but who needs
pcmcia, (usb) mouse, dhcpcd and stuff like that in init 1?

Erlend