List:       crux
Subject:    Re: wishlist
From:       Daniel Mueller <danm () gmx ! li>
Date:       2002-07-10 22:58:05

Hi Frank, hi Victor

On Wed, 10 Jul 2002 15:07:30 -0700 (PDT)
Frank Hale <frankhale@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Why can't you add this yourself and roll out a new CD
> containing your /etc/rc.boot for installation on your
> other computers.
>
> Seems simple enough don't you think?

hmm.. I thought it could be useful for other crux user.

On Wed, 10 Jul 2002 15:46:03 -0400
Victor <victord@paid.com> wrote:

> I am curious, what encrypted FS do you use? Do you have a link? Are
> these files mounted as fs using a key supplied during boot?

Yes - it's an encrypted loopback file.

There are some howtos about:

[1] http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Loopback-Encrypted-Filesystem-HOWTO.html
[2] http://encryptionhowto.sourceforge.net/Encryption-HOWTO.html