List:       crux
Subject:    openssh securityhole.
From:       Magnus Boden <mb () ozaba ! cx>
Date:       2002-06-25 11:15:11

Hello,

Theo and his gang is working on a security fix for openssh.

He has only mentioned that the hole doesn't exist if you are
running openssh-3.3 with privilege separation.

Can anyone with cvs access to the crux packages upgrade ssh to 3.3p1?

Read openssh-3.3p1/README.privsep for instructions to enable
privilege separation.

I have already upgraded my hosts and this message is only to give the
word to other cruxers who might not have heard yet.

I have attached a openssh-3.3p1 package.

Regards
Magnus

["openssh-3.3.pkg.tar.gz" (application/x-tar-gz)]