List:       crux
Subject:    Re: Errors during Compilation
From:       "Martin Gunger" <martin () gunger ! nu>
Date:       2002-06-22 19:25:54

From: "Markus Ackermann" <maol@symlink.ch>
> Currently they aren't. On purpose, because I wanted to keep it simple, and
> because in CRUX we just have one version of every package anyway. If
another
> package depends on software-x.y and CRUX features software-x.z instead,
the
> package must be changed so it can be compiled against -x.z. That's what
> we're currently doing with libdb, where we have db-4.x instead of db-3.y.
>
> If they're not binary compatible choose the newer stable version (i.e.
kde3
> vs. kde2, devfs vs. /dev, tmpfs vs. /tmp, etc.). CRUX is about having the
> newest and fastest software too...

I'm going to speak for the no dependency package utile.

Way do we need a package utilise that's contain dependencies support, if you
can't deal with it chose another dist like redhat.
I like this dist because it's so clean, I code take that's it takes a little
bit longer time to install a new package.
I really like the clean ground that CRUX gives me.

// Martin