List:       crux
Subject:    Re: Errors during Compilation
From:       Markus Ackermann <maol () symlink ! ch>
Date:       2002-06-21 5:41:29

On Fri 21.06.2002, 12:52:29 +1000, Colin Tree said in public:
>what do various people do when a pkgmk fails ?

[maol@heart:~]$ alias p t o
alias p='pkgmk -d &> err &'
alias t='tail -f err'
alias o='less'

i.e. I pipe everything into an error file which I display with tail. If
there's an error I either go back in the terminal's history or view it with
less.

If it's a complicated port like mozilla or mplayer I work with two
Eterms. In one I edit the Pkgfile and use it as cut'n'paste source for the
other window where I'm in $SRC/$name-$version.

If I'm installing a port of someone else I do it either with above mentioned
alias p, or if it's an upgrade with prtupdate from CLC, which writes a
logfile too.

So basically I always have a logfile to see what went wrong.

Markus.