List:       crux
Subject:    Re: pkgmk suggestion
From:       Florian Weber <Florian.Weber () pfaffenhofen ! de>
Date:       2002-06-10 22:25:29

First of all: I'm just a user of CRUX; I very probably won't implement
anything of this. So ignore me, if you like.

On Monday 10 June 2002 22:36, Per Lidén wrote:
> Instead of modifying pkgmk, I think you should be looking at modifying
> this "make_install" program to add the files to the pkgutils database. On
> of the reasons the pkgutils database was designed as a plain text database
> was to make it easy for 3rd party programs to use/manipulate it.

I don't think that adapting a distribution-agnostic tool to CRUX is a good
idea. Why not choose the good, old Unix way of doing things: write a small
tool that does exactly one thing: look at installwatch's output and append it
to the CRUX database. A tiny bit of shell script and/or sed magic will
probably do the trick.

Florian

--
PGP key ID: 1F198651