List:       courier-users
Subject:    Re: [courier-users] SSL_OP_IGNORE_UNEXPECTED_EOF
From:       Hardy <lists () steff ! in>
Date:       2023-07-01 11:29:44

Am 01.07.23 um 10:00 schrieb Neil Romig:
> I'm getting alot of these messages:
>
> couriertls: read: error:0A000126:SSL routines::unexpected eof while reading

This is an orderly warning message from your system complaining about a misbehavior. \
It is meant to tell you so your might want to remedy on your side - NOT to suppress \
the message! Knowing you can ignore this as uncritical should be enough. I would feel \
uneasy if the system (not just courier) would not log warnings. Breaking connections \
instead of orderly closing is an unfortunate development in many protocols. smtp is \
in the lead here. In my system almost anytime my the message would not be accepted \
(even temporarly e.g. for greylisting) many senders behave like hooligan, even widely \
used standard implementations.

It is debatable though, whether this should be called an error or a warning seen from \
this side... though technically it is.

Hardy