List:       courier-users
Subject:    Re: [courier-users] courier-authlib released.
From:       Sam Varshavchik <mrsam () courier-mta ! com>
Date:       2022-03-08 13:54:10

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Alexey Ivanov via courier-users writes:

> Sam,
>
> first of all thank you for updates and your work, always appreciate it!
>

> How critical is to update to the current release. Now running a version
> since Sep 2021.
> It will be great to see a notice if something significant has been changed
> or a important bug corrected. A short notice - please update now - will be
> great.

Well, the notice included in the announcement meant to do that.

> So far everything works well and I am asking myself - should I change
> anything, why?
> you know - never fix a working system.

So, below, this is described as mostly academic. If I thought that this
carried more importance, I would spell it out. I don't see any way to
exploit this. You have to make the server process run out of memory first.
That's a difficult, given that prior to authentication not much memory
allocation happens, and once authenticated you have a new process started,
wiping the slate clean, and the code is not used any more.