List:       courier-users
Subject:    Re: [courier-users] Courier somehow writing to an mbox file
From:       Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar () fantomas ! sk>
Date:       2020-03-02 9:51:57

On 01.03.20 18:22, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
>The courier-maildrop package was either the standalone-configured
>maildrop, or it was the courier maildrop package but packaged as an
>independent package. I forget which one it was, but naturally that
>resulted in issues, because it should not've been packaged this way.

I can't guess how many differencies there are, but even standalone maildrop
in debian 8 requires courier-authlib so I guess it should support virtual
mailboxes.

courier-maildrop requires courier-base and a mta.

maildrop is compiled from maildrop source, courier-maildrop from courier
source.

the default maildroprc in maildrop package doesn't configure "DEFAULT"
(maildroprc only contains commented lined) but on one debian 10 machine we
maintain it delivers properly to maildirs.

M$ Win's are shit, do not use it !