List:       courier-users
Subject:    Re: [courier-users] please can resume changes over suite versions
From:       PICCORO McKAY Lenz <mckaygerhard () gmail ! com>
Date:       2020-03-02 3:44:14

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

El vie., 28 de feb. de 2020 a la(s) 20:01, Sam Varshavchik (
mrsam@courier-mta.com) escribió:

> Unless you have fairly extensive development skills, backporting fixes is
> not going to be straightforward. It's far better to build a new version,
> as
> is, instead of attempting to retrofit anything new into an older versions.

yes, that's why i only backported security fixed when and well seems
there's no many
in fact there's none! as i can see in the changelog at the git repo, but,
except by this rare report at the debian
that seems still works in rare circunstancies

> And if you have those skills, you don't need me for anything, you can
> simply
> pull the git repository and get all the changes yourself.

believe me! was a tedious search.. mostly technicall! seems you have right,
no great changes in fact only up to dates with recent stupid linux
changes..
you make a great piece of software!

> Like I said, there were no major new features except for SMTP STS. Maybe
> you
> can call the verifysmtp callback filter a major new feature. Everything
> else
> was either minor bug fixes, or updates to make the code compilable with
> newer versions of downstream libraries, like OpenSSL or GnuTLS. All the
> changes that implement these are in the git repo.

yeah openssl are a pain! thanks for you answer!
as we know "if are working, dont touch it!"